Despite the inclement weather, 16-18 year old pupils from Forest School and surrounding 6th forms joined us for the inaugural Forest Futures STEM conference.
With experts from the fields of Manufacturing & Sustainability through to CGI, Artificial Intelligence, Nanotechnology and Data Science, the pupils had a chance to see how wide-ranging STEM professions are, and got plenty of top tips on how to follow a career in STEM. A big thank you to our speakers:
- Professor Steve Evans, Director of Research in Industrial Sustainability, IfM, University of Cambridge
- Gary Richardson, Director UK Head of Data Engineering, Artificial Intelligence and Nanotechnology, UK Lighthouse, KPMG LLP
- Dr Jonathan Symonds, STEM Ambassador, Managing Director of Cambustion Ltd
- Dr Rachel Berry, Independent Consultant, Astrophysicist, Top 10 Women in Engineering on Twitter, Parasolid kernel engineer and CAD junkie turned to Cloud
- Darius Kumana, Digital Leader, App builder
- Charlotte Wolstenholme, STEM Ambassador, Systems Integration Engineer and Site STEM Leader at Cummins Turbo Technologies
- Alexon Bell, Compliance, Quantexa, Network Analytics
- Halil Bedevi, Managing Director Hennik Group Recruitment and Member of Cranfield University Manufacturing Industrial Advisory Board
Our next Futures event is on February 3rd and focuses on Law.
Medics will follow later on in the year.
For more information, please contact Samantha Gautama email@example.com.Back to all news