The Elite Player Programme
The School is experienced in supporting young sportsmen and women who compete at an elite level. We have in place a programme for pupils needing leave from school to satisfy sporting commitments.
The Elite Player Programme (EPP) is designed to support the further development of these talented sportsmen and women by providing additional guidance and support that goes beyond the normal PE and Games Programme.
- A personalised strength and conditioning programme designed by the Forest School Fitness Centre team
- Regular sport-specific fitness testing and monitoring
- Subsidised physiotherapy
- Nutritional advice and guidance
- The opportunity for extra one-on-one or small group coaching
- A mentor with whom EPP pupils will have regular meetings in order to ensure a healthy balance between academic study and athletic progress
- Termly talks and lectures from internal and external speakers
- The School will consider one day per-week release requests or an equivalent 30 days per school year
The programme is open to boys and girls in Years 9-13 across all sports, including those that are not considered to be major sports at Forest.
In order to enrol on the programme it is expected that pupils should be competing at a regional or national level in at least one sport – all Sport Scholars are automatically enrolled on the programme.
Click here to see the sporting highlights from the last year.
And meet our PE Department here Meet the Team Infographic
Outstanding facilities across vast grounds
The Park is a further 20 acres of sporting field that can be accessed through the Forest. Pupils have use of football and cricket pitches, athletics tracks and an all-weather astroturf facility.
The Sports Hall is marked out for football, volleyball, tennis, short tennis, badminton, netball, hockey, basketball, wheelchair basketball and cricket.
The Gymnasium can be used for anything from gymnastics and dance to basketball.
The Cricket Suite is comprised of two cricket bays equipped with a bowling machine and video analysis technology.
The Swimming Pool is a six lane, 25 metre pool complete with parent viewing gallery. A separate smaller teaching pool sits beside the main pool.
The Fitness Studio can be used by pupils to improve their fitness levels.
The Field is located at the heart of the School and is used for cricket and football. At the edge of the Field, pupils have use of tennis and netball courts.
The Aerobics and Dance Studio is located on the top floor of the Martin Centre for Innovation.