Candidates wishing to join Forest at 16 must first register online to sit the 16+ entrance examination and should indicate the scholarship(s) they wish to apply for and whether they wish to be considered for a bursary.
- At least three grade 7s or above
- At least three grade 6s or above
- At least grade 5 in English and Maths
- The required grade at I/GCSE in the qualifying subject/s required for their chosen courses – see the Qualifying Subjects.
- Entrance Exam
- School Reference and most recent School report
The assessment for Sixth Form Entrance and Scholarship consists of two elements:
- A computer based test to assess the critical thinking skills required for A Level study.
- A 45 minute written paper in which students write two mini-essays in response to prompts. This will be about aspects of candidates’ academic and personal development.
Parents and candidates are strongly encouraged to read the 16+ Guidelines and FAQ document below:
Familiarisation Material: 16+ Online Assessment Familiarisation Exercise
The type of interview (if offered) will depend on whether the applicant has applied for a fee-paying place or for a scholarship. The result of the entrance exam, predicted grades, references and most recent report will determine whether a candidate is offered:
- An interview for a fee-paying place at Forest
- An interview for a scholarship at Forest
At 16+ an interview is not always guaranteed following the entrance examination. 16+ applicants who were previously unsuccessful may re-apply for a fee-paying place in the Sixth Form if they have subsequently met the School’s academic entry requirements for I/GCSE results.
To find out more about scholarships and awards at 16+ Click here
Key dates for 16+ September 2024 Entry
Sixth Form Open Evening Wednesday 27 September 2023
Closing date for Registrations Friday 13 October 2023 – 12 Noon
Closing date for Bursary Application Forms Wednesday 1 November 2023 - 12 Noon
Closing date for Non-Academic Scholarship Forms Monday 6 November 2023 – 12 Noon
16+ Entrance Exam Saturday 11 November 2023 (AM)
16+ Non-Academic Scholarship Assessments Sport: w/c Monday 13 November 2023
Art: Tuesday 14 November 2023 (AM) Drama: Tuesday 14 November 2023
Music: Wednesday 15 November 2023
16+ Academic Scholarship Interviews w/c Monday 20 November 2023
16+ Co-Curricular Meeting for shortlisted candidates Monday 27 November 2023
16+ Fee Paying Interviews w/c Monday 27 November 2023
Offers Emailed Monday 4 December 2023
Deadline for Acceptance of Offer Monday 8 January 2024 – 12 Noon