Here at Forest Prep, we use Sport and Physical Activity as a platform for pupils to develop a wide range of social, physical, and personal skills, whilst instilling the values that all good sportspeople personify.
- Each week, all pupils from Reception to Year 6 participate a PE lesson (45 minutes) and a Swimming lesson (60 minutes). Pupils in Year 3 – Year 6 also receive a Games lesson (1 hour 45 minutes). Alongside these timetabled lessons we offer every pupil the chance to participate in a sports club before or after school.
- PE lessons are utilised as an opportunity for pupils to develop their fundamental movement, game understanding and physical literacy. Topics range from Invasion Games to Fundamental Movement, and from Cross Country to Parkour.
- Games lessons focus on our main sports Hockey, Football, Netball, and Cricket. Fun and participation is at the core of everything we deliver in these sessions, allowing pupils of all abilities to access the lesson. We have a healthy fixture list, competing against both local and prominent schools, that allows all pupils to represent the school. These lessons delivered by Prep, Senior School, and specialist coaches to ensure we are utilising the expertise of our staff to offer an engaging provision.
- Weekly swimming lessons are offered to all children from Reception to Year 6 and are taught by specialist swimming teachers. These lessons are supplemented by clubs and galas that allow pupils to experience competitive swimming.
Prep School Sports Facilities
Being on the same site as the Senior School allows the Prep School to utilise all the amazing facilities that Forest had to offer.
- The Sports Hall is used for a wide range of indoor sports and is big enough to be used for Netball fixtures.
- The Gymnasium, which houses our Climbing Wall, is an incredibly versatile space, used for anything from Parkour to Dance.
- Our 2 lane Cricket Suite is a specialist space that uses video analysis technology to better aid pupils in their cricketing endeavours.
- The Swimming is a six lane, 25m pool that also boasts a viewing gallery and sperate shallow teaching pool.
- The outdoor facilities at Forest are the envy of many local schools. The Field is located at the heart of the School and is used for Cricket, Football, and other team games. We have hard courts that are used for Netball and Tennis, along with a small-sided AstroTurf pitch.
- The Park is a further 20 acres of sporting field that can be accessed through the Forest. Here pupils have use of football and cricket pitches, athletics tracks and an astroturf facility.
- An Aerobics and Dance Studio is situated on the top floor of the Martin Centre for Innovation.