The Network aims to:
- Provides the opportunity for Old Foresters and parents to come together and forge links within the sector in which they work.
- Support pupils and Old Foresters moving into the workplace.
The Network operates via email communications from the Development Office and through the Forest School LinkedIn group.
- An annual event takes place in the Michaelmas Term, usually in Central London. It is open to all parents and OFs and is free. Because numbers are usually limited a quick response is recommended. The keynote speaker is usually a parent or an Old Forester.
- Offers of work experience, internships and participation in the Careers Fair are continuously sought and regularly updated.
- A programme of Workshops is being introduced to focus on those professions that are of interest to a good number of Year 11 to 13 pupils. Such events may be followed by an evening network gathering or dinner.
- We are working with our Old Foresters and parents to provide a Forest School Mentor Group. The aim is to bring our bright, enthusiastic pupils and young Old Foresters together with successful professionals in a beneficial mentoring partnership.