Brilliant news for Forest School Prep this week – they have achieved Silver status with UNICEF’s Rights Respecting Schools team!
According to UNICEF’s website, Rights Aware means that there is evidence that:
- Your school is explicitly embedding the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child in its policy, practice and culture.
- You are promoting knowledge and understanding of the Convention throughout your school community.
- You are putting into action and developing the plans outlined on your Action Plan for Silver, which you submitted to achieve Bronze: Rights Committed.
- You are beginning to see the positive impact of these actions on children and young people, staff, and on the school’s ethos, practice and environment.
- Children and young people are beginning to see themselves as rights respecting global citizens and advocates for fairness and children’s rights, both locally and globally.
“Thank you to everyone who has contributed to the process and to everyone who makes it a point to include the rights of children in their work at Forest Prep School.”