Every year between 20-25 new students join Forest from a range of local (and not so local) schools. These students thrive at Forest and become essential parts of Forest life. In recent years, Foresters new to the Sixth Form have gained top results, represented the School in a range of co-curricular activities, and become leaders (including Head Boy).
Although new students may well experience a certain amount of nervousness about joining a new school, we do a great deal to support students to feel like Forest is a second home as soon as possible.
- Before they start at Forest, students are invited to a one-to-one interview to help them choose their A-levels.
- All new students come to taster lessons to help them get to know Forest and help confirm their A-level choices.
- Students new to Forest have their own induction programme before the start of the Michaelmas (Winter) term in September. This helps them navigate themselves around the site and get to know the essentials.
- Students are placed in small tutor groups within Houses. This enables them to feel part of the Forest community. There are lots of opportunities to get involved with the co-curricular through their Houses.
- Regular lunches are held to celebrate new students’ achievements and contributions to the school, as well as to answer any lingering questions and take feedback on all aspects of Forest life.
What steps do you need to take to join Forest Sixth Form?
- It’s important that you come (if you can) to the Sixth Form Open Evening. Details can be found on the School website.
- If you’re not able to make the Open Days, or you have further questions, please contact the Admissions Office.
- Fill in the online application form.
- In November you sit a 45 minutes critical thinking paper, remotely. We will also ask you to nominate two subjects in which you are confident to discuss with subject specialists should you be called for interview.
- If you do well in the examinations, you will be invited back to Forest to have either a scholarship interview or an interview for a fee-paying place.
- In December we send out offer letters and responses are required by January.